Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Today my sister is 60 years old. When we were kids growing up I loved her and also was jealous of her. To me she was smart and beautiful and my dad doted on her. Don't get me wrong, he loved all of us but somehow she was all special. Later on when I was a teenager, I did not resent that so much as I could see why she was special. When I was in school the other kids were scared to mess with me because of her. I f I complained to her, come recess she would be there, her ringlets falling all over her pretty face, her eyes flashing with anger and her hands on her hips. Boy she could scare them alright. I felt so proud of her. We were always close, but of course we had our misunderstandings but up till this very day I could not remember ever having fought with her or not talking to her.
I was her baby sister and until this day I still that way with her. She is still fiercely protective over me, she is sad when I am sad and happy for me when I am happy. She knows my hurts and pain and feels them too. I look back and simply cannot imagine my life without her. I just visited a family of nine brothers and sisters, and the hate and bitterness they feel for each other just astonishes me. Their 85 year old mother is dying and they still fight and bitch over each other instead of being with her. I Thank God every day for each of my brothers and sister. We are still close and are bonded to each other. We know each others problems and pray for each other and this is because Jesus is the main part of our family, our lives. Even our sisters-in-laws are more like our sisters. When friends tell me they do not talk to this brother or that sister-in-law, I cannot ever imagine not talking to any member of my family. I have one brother-in law and he is such a wonderful husband and father. They are prefect for each other.
So my dear sister, god's abundant favour and blessings be upon you always. I love you so much and wish you with so many more good years to come.









1 comment:

hoydenmel said...

Jessica take note. I want a nice long post when i'm 60 too. :p