Thursday, May 20, 2010

An old lady lies dying, her time draws near. She longs to see her children, to gaze into their faces, remembering all the old memories of her life here on earth, but they do not come. She lives with one child that the others do not like so they do not come. What pain and sadness she feels. She thinks they cannot be bothered with her and every day her time grows shorter and the longing in her heart grows stronger. Yet when she dies, they come with their big show of misery, crying and lamenting her passing. What was all that for? What a sad and miserable world we live in. A world were there is hate and bitterness. A world full of unforgivness. People only thinking of their own needs and wants. What a hurting world, what a hurting people. Yet Jesus came and gave his life for us, to save us. Can we even fathom the depths of that love? Can we fully understand the depths of that sacrifice on the cross? No matter what we do he never takes back his love or wish he never died for us. His love, his sacrifice is unconditional. I hurt him to everyday with my selfishness and stubbornness. He talks to me and at times I pretend I do not hear. But he knows and when I run to him in despair and sorrow, he hold his arms wide open and lets me run into them. Then he hold me close and tells me he loves me. He tells me he will never leave me or forsake me. I am immediately calmed by that assurance. We do not realise how much we need him. He waits though, patiently waits for the day when we will call his name and come back to him. I pray that day comes for you soon. I can promise you your life will never be the same.

No comments: