Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yesterday I took a friend to see her son in prison. He is being charged with kidnapping. Her older son is in another prison being charged with possession of a dangerous drug. As I went into the prison, I saw many young man there, some barely in their teens. They looked lost and frightened and my heart just went out to them. Somewhere out there a mother worries and cries silent tears for her son,locked up somewhere. My friend's son is just 19 years old, I have known him since he was five or six. His mother looked so broken and so fragile after her visit. She was with me but yet her heart and spirit was with her son, in that cell which he had to share with ten other people. I have a son and I don't know how I would be if this had happened to him. No matter if our sons become rapist or terrorist or murderers, they are still out sons, and we cannot help but still love them. The bond between a mother and her kids are so strong, its one of the toughest strings to break.
When I went home, I called my own children, just to hear their voice, assuring me that they were OK. I felt like telling them please come home and stay with me, I really do not want to let you go. That is a big horrible world out there and I need to protect you. I felt like taking a bus to K.L. just to see them, hear them call me mum.
But I can only pray for them, and I know the Lord watches over them.
To my children, I love you so much and my desire is for you to be happy. I may have failed you sometimes and I am so sorry. Be blessed my darlings

1 comment:

hoydenmel said...

we love you too mom.
:)