Tuesday, May 26, 2009

For the past few weeks I have watched my friend, sink into despair and suffering. She is constantly in pain, being sick, and worse of all being treated badly by a man who promised to love and care for her. She has suffered abuse, both verbal and physical, humiliation, depression and the list just goes on and on. Friends say to me why does she not leave him? I was amazed that she still loved him. He has no respect for her at all. Everyday in her household its a day of uncertainty and worry. What will he do tonight when he comes back drunk?No human being should b treated in that way.So why does she continue to live with him? Is it fear, a feeling that we cannot survive without him. Is that what she thinks life is all about and cannot expect anything else?She is a beautiful person who deserves so much more.She was strong but her illness has got her down. Why cant this useless man see the goodness in her. For that matter other men too, who do this to their wives?

So my dear dear friend,
Be strong, you have a deep inner strength that you know exist deep within you,
draw on this strength now,
Never give another human being the right to take away your self worth.
Love yourself and know that you are worth fighting for.
God loves you so much and even though you do not know him, he knows you.
You have a right to be happy. Look for happiness elsewhere.
Believe in yourself and know I believe in you.
I know you will rise out of this a stronger women, undefeated.
As you lie in that hospital bed, let the peace of god come upon you and give you rest, so your healing will begin right now. Rest in God's bosom and let him hold you close to his heart.
I am always here for you and I love you.

No comments: